Friday, February 15, 2008

Guest Blogger Tonight!

Woo-hoo! Sherry called me, her favorite sister, to say that her Internet service is down again and she asked me to post something on her blog.

So here I am, on her blog, posting whatever I want, and she doesn't have Internet access to read what I wrote!

I know! I'm going to write about S-h-e-r-r-y. Shhhhh... don't tell, but here are seven things you might not know about her.

1. She's the youngest sibling.

2. Not only is she the youngest sibling, but she's the youngest sibling of a youngest sibling (Mom) of a youngest sibling (Grandma, actually both Grandma's). That makes her youngest child, Seth, a 4th degree youngest sibling. I think that's something but she shrugs it off.

3. I'm her favorite sister, at least the favorite one who gardens the most. "As I garden, so she gardens." Don't tell her, but I plan to grow some extra tomato and pepper plants for her when I'm starting my own seedlings.

4. Her love is back. Yes, she's drinking McDonald's diet coke again. Some loves just won't die that easily. (I can't say too much about that since I, too, love a daily drink... Starbucks iced green tea, but this isn't about me, it's about Sherry).

5. She's a registered nurse. I think maybe she should have been a veternarian. What do you think? It would sure make it a lot cheaper to have all those animals.

6. She once worked at McDonald's, way back when she was in high school. Zillions of people have worked at McDonald's at least once in their lifetime. I haven't, but maybe you have?

7. She lives in the house we grew up in, and used to sign her comments on my blog as "Sister with the Homestead".

I'm sure once she gets her Internet access back, she'll fix this post right up. In the meantime, consider this one of those "you do it, too" Internet meme's, and why don't you post seven things about yourself on your blog that others might not know and then let Sherry know about it.

Have a great weekend.
Posted by Carol, The Gardening Geek Sister

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Is McDonald's diet Coke different from grocery store diet Coke?

And yes, it sounds like either she or Prince Charming should have a career working with animals. But not necessarily a vet. Something that combines animals and people more, like pet therapy at a nursing home.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I think the only thing people don't know about me is that I am also the baby of the baby of the family. My daughter is the baby of the baby of the baby. Whew. Now I think that is way more than anyone wanted to know about me. :)

I think your sister is brave to let you write for her. I can just hear what my sister would say about me. tee hee..

Do you think that new scanner/printer thingy sucked up all of Sherry's internet service? Maybe all she has to do is unplug the newbie. Of course that would break her heart no doubt. We don't want that.

I think she should open a pet sanctuary. Have one of those kids become the vet. Then they would all live happily ever after.

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

hahahahaah!

I love it that you said she should of been a veterinarian!

Sherry... I too was a McDonald employee for one summer in-between my freshman and sophomore years of college... hehehe

Get "internet well" soon!
:-) Beth

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Gardening Geek Sister - thanks for the post last night...the internet rescue man is supposed to show up this next week. I'm sure he'll find a squirrel with one tooth caught on the cable line - LOL!

It seems like we go from land line down, to internet down, to cable tv down, to cell phone. I think someone in the cyber world is mad at me or something!

Anonymous said...

Sherry's sister . . thanks for filling in with blogging and posting about your fav sister!