Carol, at May Dreams Gardens, has published several posts with questionnaires to help you determine if you might be a Gardening Geek...
Here at Sherry's Zoo and Garden, we would like to know if you might be an animal geek.....
Let's start easy.
1.Give yourself one point for every pet you have right now. Do not count fish. Do not count feral cats.
2. Go ahead and give yourself a bonus point for every pet that you have owned other than a dog, cat, or fish.
This was Scabbers, may he rest in peace.....
This is the Duck-eating ferret, Snow.
Oh, by the way, if you have ever "dumped an animal" (defined as dropping it off at someone's house/farm, that you didn't know) (L), or flushed a live fish down a toilet (J), you are definately NOT an animal geek. However, you may continue reading for entertainment purposes only.
3. Give yourself 2 points if you have ever had a wild animal come into your house through your dog door.
Bonus points if the wild animal has found your stash of pet food and helped themselves.
Stop and go no further if you actually killed the invader... you know you're not an animal geek. Again, you may continue for entertainment purposes only.
4. Give yourself a point if your spouse has ever given you an animal as anniversary present. Bonus point if it was a reptile or other non-fuzzy critter.
Subtract a point if you later found a "new home" for the "gift."
5. Give yourself a point if you use live mouse traps, and take great care to release the mice.
6. Give yourself a point if you have ever stood in line to see an Animal Planet celebrity. Bonus points for each hour that you waited.
Another bonus point if you identified the man in the picture as Jeff Corwin.
7. Give yourself a point if you have ever built a "home" for your pets.
2 Bonus point if it was brick, had it's own heating/air-conditioning, and running water.
8.Give yourself a point if you let your pets kiss you on the lips.
9. Give yourself a point if you have ever had an alligator in your house. In fact, forget the point. If you have ever had an alligator in your house, you are beyond a doubt, an animal geek.
0-2: Not much of an animal lover, are you?
3-5: You tolerate animals, but are not overly fond of them.
6-10: Now you're cooking.....(not the animals though)
11-20: You are definately an animal lover.
21+: You are a true animal geek. Welcome to my world.
Let's see.....here at the Zoo, we scored a 34. How did you do?
The Two Most Hopeful Words in All of Gardening - We say them a lot this time of year, the two most hopeful words in all of gardening. These two words spur us to action. They revive our summer-weary souls....
2 days ago