Thursday, April 3, 2008

Invasion of the Gardening Geeks!


PLEASE? PRETTY PLEASE?
Please with sugar and ice cream and everything else on top?
Look, we have them all ready to go. Muncie even has her shirt on. You don't want to disappoint them, do you?

Fine. They can go. Just get up and quit begging - it's embarrassing.





Hum.....I wonder if I've been had. They look a little smug, don't you think?

Ding-dong. There's that doorbell I covet (Uhhh..I mean admire). I wonder if she'd ever notice if it went missing?

Hi Carol! Are you ready for Austin's Garden Blogger's Spring Fling 2008?

Yep! Looks like a gardening geek to me!

Uh....just ONE bag? What about a bag to bring home souvenirs? Cuttings? Stuff?

Pretty green bag. I like it.

But seriously...just one? I would need "just one" for my make-up.


Here we are safe and sound at the airport!

Bye Aunt Carol! Have fun in Austin. Bring me back a Chihuahua!


Hey...don't' post anything without my approval!


I wouldn't dream of it, sister, wouldn't dream of it! Hey, stay clear of those storms I hear you're flying over - OK?

And, if you decide not to come home, can I have your doorbell? And that quilt? And your books?

Have a great time in Austin all you garden bloggers!

Someone please post a picture of everyone!

11 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a fun post Sherry. I hope Carol made it out to Austin before the storms set in. Keep us posted. I looked and sounded like the children asking for pictures and a narrative of everyones trip. I wish I was there.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

P.S. I keep thinking about that "one" bag. How can anyone travel with just one bag? Maybe she had a collapeable bag inside that "one" bag. Geez

Mel said...

One bag?? I wish I could do that when travelling..

Jodi said...

Maybe she has that magical Mary Poppins thing going on!

She sure looked happy! Have a great time, Carol!

Nicky said...

I guess while I was sleeping for the past month your puppy grew up. I want a dog! I'm burried to my elbows with NTB stuff over here! Help. Smooch.

Missy said...

I love how you really want her doorbell. Because out of all the fun things that my family/friends have, I have never once noticed anyone's doorbell.
You make me giggle. :)

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

ONE BAG!! Oh.. I could use a lesson in packing!

My doorbell quit working unexpectedly this week. I have no idea why... Just thought I would share! :-D

The Empty Nest said...

Bye Aunt Carol, have a safe trip. Let us know all about it when you get back!

Robin's Nesting Place said...

She did look happy! I seriously considered going to Austin, I wanted to, but flying is a nightmare for me. I hate it with a passion, and just couldn't make myself get on a plane, even for something that wonderful. I hope they have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Garden blogging trip! looks like fun!

Annie in Austin said...

Thank you very much for helping your sister make it to the airport, Sherry...this post is hilarious!

There were a couple of times when I practically whooped in delight at the sight of Carol sitting in my dining room - Spring Fling was a dream come true.

Annie