Sunday, April 20, 2008

Teeth

Last week, Seth lost a tooth. He named it Bob. He was happy with the four quarters the tooth fairy left him.

This week Sophie lost a tooth. It was a baby molar. It also came out with a cavity.

"Mom? How much would it cost to get a cavity filled at the dentist? "

"I don't know, maybe $100 or more. Why? "


"Well....don't' you think that you should at least pay me half of that for saving you all that money? "

HUH???

"Well, if I hadn't worked hard to make the tooth loose, and hadn't worked hard to pull it, then you would have had to pay the dentist to put a filling in it. Therefore I SAVED you money. I think you should share that savings with me. Don't you?"

Uh.....NO!

She comes from a line of lawyers, can you tell?

She settled for a 50 cent bonus.

Wait a minute....did I just PAY her for a cavity??

16 comments:

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Sherry, That is too funny. Sounds like something Baby Monkey would try to pull.

Eleanor said...

She's very smart. Maybe she'll become a negotiator.

Kathy said...

That is funny! She is one smart girl. Is she going to follow her big sister into lawyerhood?
Kathy

Carol Michel said...

What would Dad have said about you paying extra for a cavity?

Hannah-Indiana said...

That is so FUNNY! I once found a cavity when I got my tooth pulled too. But I never thought that would be a good way to make money. Too bad I've already lost all my teeth!
TTYL,
Hannah

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

How ADORABLE! Great post and pretty picture of your daughter!

Kristen said...

That is too cute!

I think I would be glad you are only paying her 50 cents more. You could have paid $100.

Smart cookie you have there!

Charmaine said...

Ha ha ha!! This cracks me up!

Missy said...

ha! I think I tried that once too....didn't work for me either!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You are going to have a rough time negotiating curfews, hair cuts and short skirts in no time with that one. Too funny.

Laurie and company said...

as always, you make me laugh. love your family! Sophie is a dolly! smart as a whip too!

LY

Cari said...

Hilarious! Good to see you at convention! ;D

Luke R. said...

Trickster. You should've given her at least a dollar for her hard work of trying to get at least Fifty cents.

Luke A.

Anonymous said...

Boy, she is slick! I wonder how long it took her to come up with that one?

Karen said...

LOL, that is too funny! Very smart little girl you have there.

Anonymous said...

The kid has a point with saving you some money! LOL