Thursday, March 6, 2008

Do I Control the Weather?

I got a call early this morning from Prince Charming. He always calls me his "sweet, perfect, precious baby." Anyone who knows me may be gagging, but they've all heard him call me that. He thinks I can do anything.

Apparently, he thinks I control the weather as well.

See this sunshine?


Who wouldn't think spring was just around the corner with this beautiful day? I actually worked up a sweat raking leaves and debris from under and over the bushes.
I thought I would take advantage of the day and put away the snow shovels, get the bikes out, let the kids ride around and get some exercise and sun.

Was it my fault that when they put all their bikes and toys away they piled them in front of and on top of the snow blower?

I took advantage of this day to clean off our front porch. I put away 3 snow shovels and a bucket of those salt pellet thingy-doodies that melt ice. I don't like to use them, but I would like it less if Grandma slipped and fell.

So, of course, I expected a little ice yet this year. It sometimes happens late in March or in April. I wasn't surprised with the ice storm we had Tuesday afternoon and evening.

It was OK, because Wednesday afternoon the sun came out and it was RAINING ice. Seriously. All the ice that had formed on the twigs and branches wasn't melting, it was just DROPPING to the ground. It was quite dangerous for a while out there.

On Sunday when I put away the shovels, Prince Charming asked me if I thought it might be premature.

WHAT? NO WAY! I am proclaiming winter over!

So, when Prince Charming called this morning, he congratulated me for single-handedly bringing about a forecast of 4-6 inches of snow, due here tomorrow. If I hadn't put away those snow shovels, and if the bikes were not blocking the snow blower, we wouldn't be looking at a forecast predicting the most snow of our season so far...

Yes, sometimes you find out you have more power than you knew. But, as much as Prince Charming loves me and thinks I can do it all, I really don't think I personally control the weather. Do you?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I need to go unbury a snow blower and find a shovel...oh, and get some more salt.

10 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Alright girl get to doing your snow melt dance so I can make it up to the Flower and Patio show this weekend. I plan to be there saturday. I have tickets.

Carol Michel said...

So YOU are the reason for the snow? Now I know who to blame!

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

If I had a super power, it would be the ability to control the weather.

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Being a Super Weather Woman would be entirely cool!

Laurie and company said...

I'm with Prince C...I think you can do anything! I'd be lost with out you!
thanks a lot for the snow though. really, thanks!

Anonymous said...

That ice storm really hit us all hard! It was great having things melt before the next storm pushes through!

Jodi said...

I think that your last paragraph just cancelled out any snow that we're supposed to get! Just the act of getting out the shovels and unburying the snow blower will take a good 3 inches off the forecast!

I love the name that Prince Charming has for you! What a great thing for your kids to hear their dad calling you--not to mention a great thing for YOU to hear him calling you!

Nicky said...

SO YOU'RE THE CULPRIT! We all have to have someone to blame. But I don't think in a million years we would ever blame our sweet Sherry Berry, lover of spring and summer and all growing things with bringing on more misery for the ones she loves. It will get better soon! Smooch.

Kristen said...

So sorry to hear that there is more snow on the way. Maybe the whole blog world needs to do a bring on spring dance. Seems everyone is starting to lothe winter. Myslef included by the way.

:-)

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Washing the car causes this too. Hopefully it won't be too bad. Looks like we might miss it here in Noblesville.