Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Perfect Gift

On his second birthday, we gave Sam a birthday present that would change his life forever....



We gave him a baby sister.


I'll never forget bringing her home from the hospital 11 years ago today. Sam was so mad he threw up on me. It was the first time I ever saw my sweet baby boy furiously mad at me. At the time, it was sooo traumatic. Now we can all laugh.


Yearly Sam and Sophie campaign for separate birthday parties. I can just hear it now...."Umm. Excuse me. Could you please leave and come back for the next party in 15 minutes?"

I think they might leave and not come back.

Hey! At least they each get their own cake!



For Miss Sophia it's all about the dog stuff....



Never enough dog stuff.



It's a different story for the boys....


What's the phrase that only men understand?

Is it "whoever dies with the most guns wins? "

Well, when you're 13 it's about the nerf guns.



Or maybe it's really about the video games?















For someone at the party, it's all about bein' green. Can anyone in cyber space guess which party guest wore this shirt?



Here's a party guest who wasn't so happy... That little baby that she helped babysit and take care of, that she carried around all the time and played with and dressed up, and changed his diapers... That little baby is now taller than she is.
I'm so sorry, Laura.....another cousin passes you by...




I would tie bricks on their heads if I thought it would keep them my little babies forever.





Wait a minute...no matter how big they get, there will always be room on my lap for my little babies. No matter how big they get, they'll always be my babies!

Happy Birthday Sam and Sophia!

8 comments:

Carol Michel said...

What sweet looking kids! Where are my real niece and nephew?

Just kidding. Hope they had a great birthday.

Now, who was wearing that shirt?

Aunt Carol

Laurie and company said...

happy birthday Sam!!

happy birthday Sophia!!

they are so grown up.

I bet it was the gardening aunt that wore that green shirt!! har har.

glad to see a new post from ya!

Love Laurie

Lisa at Greenbow said...

So good to read that everyone is well and happy at your place. The years do turn into minutes. Don't blink or you will miss something.

Charmaine said...

I love, love, love that last picture of Sam and Sophie. Tell them we all say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"!!!

Love, C

Hannah-Indiana said...

Oh, this post is SOOOO sweet! Thank you for blogging again, Mrs. W. Though I know you are so busy.

By the way, Sam looks sooo little and sooo cute in the first picture, it shocks me that he looked like that. Sophie too. Not that they both don't look beautiful now. They do.

Hannah

Jodi said...

please tell Sophie and Sam HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! for me!
--Carrie

Beth said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Mary said...

I'm late for the Birthday greetings...

What are the odds of two sharing the same birthday? Wow!

They've learned to share, Sherry. That's wonderful.

Mary