Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Good Neighbors

Ummm.....Hello......
Excuse me.......
Can Victoria come over and play?


Uh...I'm sorry to have to tell you, Sebastian. But Victoria went to the vet yesterday. I don't think you'll be nearly as interested in her today as you were yesterday.


She's doing great, Sebastian. Thanks for asking. You really are a sweet dog. If Victoria had wanted to get married, I'm sure she would have chose you as her mate, you're an awesome dog, Sebastian.

Sebastian, what's your mommy up to?

She's over there with Grandpa.

Is she listening to a CD? Prince Charming and I were listening to that beautiful music from our deck and wondered what CD it was...

OH! Not a CD! Dad on the guitar, daughter on the violin. Maybe they should make a CD?

I was forced to take their picture because Prince Charming didn't believe me that it wasn't a CD.

Talk about great neighbors...

Since they moved in a few short months ago, they have rescued Victoria from a necklace of duct tape, came to the rescue when Grandma needed some help (we won't go into THAT story), and watched my kids when an emergency came up.

You just don't find neighbors like that too often anymore.

Aren't they cute? Not many teenagers would stroll through the neighborhood arm-in-arm with their mom.

I hope Sophie is watching......

God is good. Thanks for sending these neighbors. They are indeed a blessing.

8 comments:

Missy said...

I wish my neighbors were that wonderful.
Mine are not wonderful at all.

Christine said...

My CeCe needs to go see the vet, too. For the very same reason. There is this little terrier down the street that likes to play with her when he gets loose, boy, those would be some UGLY puppies!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I hope Victoria recovers from her visit to the vet. It is a good thing it was taken care of before Sebastian decided they should be wed. I bet they are still good friends and neighbors. Just like the wonderful neighbors you have described. Musically gifted neighbors are a bonus.

Carol Michel said...

The old neighborhood is becoming revitalized!

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Many years ago, when our tiny toy poodle, (Cricket),had surgery my neighbor sent her pug across the street with a rose in his mouth and a get well card attached to his collar. She was single an had no children, that was one spoiled dog. She even threw him a birthday party and invited all the dogs in the neighborhood. She too was a great neighbor. I understand why you are counting this as a blessing, good neighbors are so rare these days.

Anonymous said...

You don't really appreciate good neighbors until you have had bad ones.

verobirdie said...

You're right, Victoria has a cute friend. And you are blessed with good neighbors and you know to enjoy them!
A big hug to victoria when she is back.

Charmaine said...

Awesome familiar-looking neighbors! I didn't know they were musically inclined. How cool!