Monday, May 12, 2008

Stuff

Someone is guilty.


"Not me! I wouldn't hurt a flea!"


"I plead the 5th"

"What if I did do? What are you going to do about it? WHAT?"

Sigh....They so know that they are in control around here.


But it was a sad thing. Seth won a free fish at a fund-raiser. He was so proud of his fish. He named it "WINNER". We didn't have a fish bowl (believe it or not), so we did the next best thing.



But in the morning, Winner was a loser. No where to be found. What happened to him in those dark hours of the night? I have my suspicions, and they all involve cats. But, to a little boy, these things are important, so off we go to the pet store.


This fish is named SPIRIT, and it has a new home, complete with a lid. No more cat snacks. (At least not yet).



He's so proud of his little fish.


While we were dealing with life and death dramas at home,

the big boys were off playing.


Guns, rockets.....



I don't get it. It must be a guy thing.


Why would you want to spend all day shooting guns and rockets when you could be out playing in the dirt?


Isn't this pretty?

15 comments:

Byler B said...

You've been tagged!

Check it out at
www.whatnextbb.blogspot.com

Carol Michel said...

Yeah, what are you teaching those boys?

I met Spirit yesterday, a very fine fish indeed, but those cats looked like they were 'making plans'. Watch them!

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

poor fishy. I hope my trio of goldfish can stay out of the way of the manx.

Kristen said...

Best wishes on your new little fishy!

Hoping the lid works! :)

Hannah-Indiana said...

OMG! I feel so bad for Seth and poor little Winner. But I'm glad he has a new goldfish.

When it comes to hunting with guns, I can be a tomboy. I think I got it from my papaw and cousins. It's weird!

LOL,
Hannah

Annie in Austin said...

The cats probably appreciated the way you kept Winner nice and fresh for them in that open bowl of water.

The Bleeding Heart is lovely, Sherry!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Lucky for Spirit that Winner came first. A lesson learned...cats can't be trusted.

I used to like to shoot skeet. In my family there are lots of people that like guns. Nothing unusual.

Your flowers are so pretty.

Tera Rose said...

Once my son put his pet turtles together in a pool with his newly caught pet frogs....we learned a lesson that some animals are dinner...ugh.

I just tagged you.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine why either, but my guys aren't the least bit interested in 'playing in the dirt'. They are only interested if it has a motor and wheels.

Laurie and company said...

The whole goldfish drama is too sad! darn those cats. Cats are evil...evil I tell you. (I say these things to raise your hackles)

Um, yeah, ok, so when do you plan to post again? I mean, science and history can't be taking up that much time! We miss you in blog world.

Love ya,

LY

Jodi said...

I can't show my boys the pictures of your boys shooting guns! They will wonder where they got to do such fun stuff!

Shooting their bows is a big thing around here.

I'm just itching to get out and play in the dirt a little--especially when I see all of your pretty pictures!

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Poor fishie!

How is Victoria doing? Have a wonderful weekend!

Diana said...

They all look guilty, don't they? They are so expressive, and they know when we know. Tanner had GUILT written all over his face when he came in with the baby bunny in his mouth. I don't know about those boys, either - I'd rather play in the dirt any day.

Christine said...

Digging to find treasure, sounds like something my brood would do. We found a marble digging ditch- does that count? Good luck with the new fish!

Mel said...

Awww, I had my share of dead fish some weeks ago...
Those flowers are so pretty!